Mobility support services
Mobility support services, also known as network management, are expanding very rapidly. These include real-time passenger information, vehicle radiolocation, journey time checks, design, pricing, anti-fraud and customer marketing.
Information and communication technologies are the driving force behind an ever-larger number of innovations. The RATP group has unique know-how in this field, as demonstrated by the deployment of major ticketing projects such as Navigo and passenger information systems (SIEL, Image).
> Opposite, the touch screen orientation map in La Défense
Ixxi: facilitating fluidity
Ixxi was created in February 2010 with the aim of delivering innovative solutions for improving the fluidity of travel. Ixxi offers consulting/general contracting support and project management services in ticketing, passenger information, other mobility support services and information systems for transfer hubs. Ixxi can also operate services on behalf of its customers.
A complete range of products and services:
- General contracting consulting and support
- Research, design and master plans for ticketing systems and passenger information
- Operation and administration of ticketing and passenger information systems
- Travel pass sales and top-ups over the Internet and by mobile phone
- Management, reliability analysis, certification and safety assessment of chip card-based systems
- Support systems for operation and passenger information
- Mobility services platform
- Mobility hub on the Internet and mobile Internet
- Transport and multimedia information terminals
- QR codes and tags for easier access to services portals
- Information and management systems for intermodal transfer hubs
Naxos: providing access to mobile communication services
Naxos markets transmission services that provide GSM coverage for RATP's underground networks and Wi-Fi access in stations. Naxos has utilised Telcité's fibre optics to deploy shared access networks open to all operators that provide the mobility service to their own customers. This allows customers who begin a call outside to continue talking inside trains, radio coverage permitting. Naxos is currently trialling the broadcast of mobile television underground in collaboration with Télédiffusion de France.
Naxos is also helping to interconnect Telcité's fibre optics networks by deploying a local service network in the local authorities sector. This has resulted in Naxos deploying a fibre network in the sewer system of the City of Paris. This network facilitates connections between Paris buildings and sites located further away in the Ile-de-France region.