RATP’s Instagram photo contest
For its second edition, the #photogRATPhie Instagram photo contest will run from 18 April to 18 May this year, on the theme “the city in all its colours”. The special jury will be comprised of the photographers of the prestigious Magnum Photos collective. The 50 winners will have the opportunity to see their photos displayed in RATP’s metro and RER stations as of 4 July!
The jury: Magnum Photos
Magnum Photos is the prestigious jury of the second edition of #photogRATPhie, RATP’s Instagram-based photo contest. Founded in 1947, Magnum Photos now has 91 photographers, including some of the biggest names in photography and photojournalism. These photographers crisscross the globe and its cities, focusing their expert eye on the urban world. An exceptional jury for the second edition of #photogRATPhie!
With this second edition of the #photogRATPhie Instagram-based photo contest, 50 winners will see their photos displayed in a unique photo exhibition in 10 RATP metro and RER stations as of 4 July!
The theme of this year’s photo contest is “the city in all its colours!” Take inspiration from Magnum Photos photographers and the Instagrammers on our Instagram account: @ratp.
Key dates for the photo contest
- From 18 April to 18 May: post your photo on the theme “the city in all its colours”.
- 23 May: find out if your photo has been selected!
- As of 4 July: discover the photo exhibition in RATP metro and RER stations.
Participating in the #photogRATPhie photo contest couldn’t be easier!
- Make sure your Instagram profile is in the “public” setting, otherwise the photos you post will not be visible.
- Post your photo on the theme “the city in all its colours” from your Instagram account.
- Subscribe to the RATP Instagram account: @ratp (mandatory).
- Mention “#photogRATPhie” (mandatory) and @ratp (if possible).
A few tips to increase your chances of winning:
- Take photos in the highest definition possible.
- Avoid faces that can be easily recognised (or have the person sign an authorisation to use an image).
- Avoid placing famous monuments in the foreground.
In a scenography designed by Magnum Photos photographers, the 50 winning photos will be displayed for several months, starting 4 July, in the following RATP metro and RER stations, notably in the spaces now dedicated to photography: Hôtel de Ville (M1), Jaurès (M2), La Chapelle (M2), Saint-Michel (M4), Bir-Hakeim (M6), Saint-Denis - Porte de Paris (M13), Luxembourg (RER B), Gare de Lyon, Madeleine, Pyramides (M14) and Nanterre Université (RER A).