Presented below, this year’s programme comprises ten events in Paris and the Île-de-France region on the theme “Youth and Heritage”.
Among the new items on this year’s programme, we invite you to visit the station that is entirely dedicated to the cinema, where dozens of films, TV shows and advertisements are shot each year. You can likewise discover the RER A maintenance centre. RATP also invites you to explore the hidden side of our major projects for the future, with visits to construction sites for the southern extension of metro line 4 and the eastern extension of metro line 11.
Discover the European Heritage Days programme:
Discover our amazing heritage
- The secrets and treasures of the Paris metro: guided tours of stations that are emblematic of youth, led by speakers who are experts on the history of the Paris metro; tours start at the Maison de la RATP, Paris 12th arrondissement (reservations required)
- Ride around Paris on our legendary bus – departures from Maison de la RATP, Paris 12th arrondissement
- Vintage photo shoots in the back of a mythic 1920s bus – Maison de la RATP, Paris 12th arrondissement
- Family workshops: fun, recreational activities to learn more about the history of public transport, RATP, and its numerous career opportunities – Maison de la RATP, Paris 12th arrondissement
Behind-the-scenes at RATP
- New! Visit the station where films are shot: revelations and anecdotes about the dozens of films that have been made in this station, which is closed to the public and entirely dedicated to motion pictures – Paris 19th arrondissement (reservations required)
- New! The M11 extension construction site: understand the challenges of sustainable mobility as reflected by this complex site – Montreuil, 93 (reservations required)
- New! The M4 extension project: a major construction project – 5 years, for a 1800m-long tunnel – that uses a variety of excavation techniques – Bagneux, 92 (reservations required)
- New! The RER A maintenance centre: for the RER’s 40th anniversary, visit the newly renovated maintenance centre entirely dedicated to the RER A – Rueil-Malmaison, 92 (reservations required)
- The surprising metro washing machine on line 7: an underground immersion, to understand the various aspects of cleaning metro trains – Ivry-sur-Seine, 94 (reservations required)
And don’t forget our famous “M Investigation”, in which players have just 80 minutes to solve a mysterious enigma!
As you will have noted, reservations are required for several of our events. As of 5 September 2017, we will post a link to our reservation form right here on this page!
For more information, go to the Ministère de la Culture website.