Since then, RATP has been putting this commitment at the service of its business and in support of the development of rugby: demonstrating its expertise by providing transport solutions, including the official French rugby team coach; a tool of its prevention policy to fight anti-social behaviour through the promotion of rugby to young children; and creating an unmissable event as part of its policy to bring life to its network by making it a showcase for rugby.
01. Partner of the French national rugby union team
The partnership established with the French Rugby Federation (FFR) in 2005 has strengthened RATP’s links with this popular team sport. Solidarity, respect, group dynamic and conviviality: the values of rugby are also the same values that unite RATP staff in the field. We are the Official Carrier of the FFR and Supplier to the French national rugby union team. RATP is also carrying the foreign teams during this Autumn Tour.
Six Nations Championship
- 1 February 2019: France - Wales (19-24)
- 10 February 2019: England - France (44-8)
- 23 February 2019: France - Scotland (Stade de France – Saint Denis / 3:15 p.m.)
- 10 March 2019: Ireland - France (Aviva Stadium – Dublin / 3 p.m.)
- 16 March 2019: Italy - France (Stadio Olimpico – Rome / 1:30 p.m.)
- France / South Africa (26-29): Saturday 10 November 2018 at the Stade de France (Saint-Denis)
- France / Argentina (28-13) : Saturday 17 November at the Stade Pierre Mauroy (Lille)
- France / Fiji (14-21) : Saturday 24 November 2018 at the Stade de France (Saint-Denis)
On Saturdays 10 and 24 November, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., you can get colours painted on your face at the St-Denis/Porte de Paris M13 station.
RATP and rugby is also...
Partner of Racing 92
In 2001, the rugby section of US Métro, the RATP’s long-standing sports club, merged with Racing Club de France rugby union club to become Racing-Métro 92, now a professional outfit playing in France’s premier division, the Top 14.
For every home match at the Yves du Manoir stadium in Colombes, RATP provides special shuttle buses for fans from the Nanterre - Préfecture RER A station and from the Porte de Champerret station on line M3.
Created in 2007, Rugby Wednesdays is a social initiative aimed at young people from disadvantaged areas of the Île-de-France region. The aim of the scheme is to promote greater social harmony, both on public transport and in everyday life. It is based on the core values of rugby, such as respect. Previous editions have proved successful, allowing RATP to teach more than 1,500 children about the rules that make for a harmonious community.
The scheme comprises three phases:
- School visits by RATP prevention staff;
- Practical rugby sessions at the Marcoussis National Rugby Centre, with coaching from the Île-de-France Rugby Committee’s regional technical managers.
- Trips on the official team bus of Les Bleus to rugby workshops at the national team’s training grounds, giving the youngsters the chance to spend a few moments living the lives of the French team.
Held between March and June every year since 2007, this operation involves roughly 20 middle schools in the Île-de-France region. It uses the educational side of rugby to promote living more harmoniously together on public transport