The T Zen 5 project is designed to keep pace with urban development in Paris and the Val-de-Marne area west of the Seine. This innovative transport mode will help revitalise the districts it serves and will participate in their transformation.
In the longer term, the Île-de-France masterplan provides for the extension of metro M10, first to Ivry-sur-Seine and then to Ardoines (M15 and RER C).
These two projects fit within a fast-changing region that includes the Paris Rive Gauche joint development zone (ZAC) in the 13th arrondissement of Paris, and the Ivry Confluences joint development zone (ZAC) in Ivry-sur-Seine.
The T Zen 5 will serve a fast-changing area. When service starts up in 2021, the line is expected to serve 38,000 passengers each day, increasing to 51,000 passengers each day by 2030.
Useful information :
Départements 75 and 94
Connections with RER C / M14 / T3
Future connections with M15
- Creation of a public transport line serving Paris, Ivry, Vitry and Choisy.
- Connections with existing or future lines: metro M10 and 14, SNCF rail, RER C, TVM (Trans Val de Marne), numerous bus lines, notably the 393, and the future New Grand Paris red line.
02. Service quality
- Regular, reliable service thanks to dedicated bus lanes and priority at traffic lights.
- Accessible for all: specific amenities to facilitate station access for persons with reduced mobility, including wide sliding doors and step-free access from the platform to the T Zen.
- Buses will circulate from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m. at frequent intervals.
- Real-time passenger information, both visual and audio, in stations and on board the T Zen.
- 21 May - 30 June 2013: consultations
- October 2015: approval of the project’s functional diagram
- 2017-2018: pre-project draft design studies and project studies
- 2019-2021: construction work
- 2021: start-up of service
04. Project players
The Île-de-France Regional Council
The Île-de-France Regional Council devotes a major part of its budget to improving and developing public transport. As part of the Région-Département specific contract (CPRD), the T Zen 5 is a priority for the Île-de-France region for 2020.
The Val-de-Marne General Council
05. Project costs and financing
The cost of the project (bus line and maintenance & garage site, excluding rolling stock) is estimated at 108.5m €. It will be financed through the 2009-2013 Region-Département special agreement and the 2015–2020 State-Region special agreement.