Using the tunnel constructed during phase 1 of the M12 extension project, two new stations will be created, bringing the centre of Aubervilliers to within 6 minutes of Paris-Porte de la Chapelle. Phase 2 of the extension also covers the construction of two technical structures (ventilation and emergency access), and the adaptation of an additional access point at Porte de la Chapelle, to improve accessibility for persons with reduced mobility. The M12 extension will also connect with the Front Populaire station, once the T8 extension towards Paris is completed.
Connections with the RER C and E // M1, M2, M4, M6, M8, M10, M13, and M14 // T2, T3a, and T3b
Future connections with T8
Two new stations:
- Aimé Césaire: with 4 access points, including one equipped with an elevator, to serve an estimated 15,000 passengers each day.
- Mairie d’Aubervilliers: 7 access points, including two equipped with elevators, to serve an estimated 22,000 passengers each day.
- Trains will run every 2 minutes during peak hours
- Travel time between Aubervilliers and Paris-Saint- Lazare: 20 minutes
02. Service quality
- Modern, innovative stations: the two new stations will incorporate modern architecture and amenities, blending glass, metal, and concrete. Passenger spaces will be designed to guarantee smooth traffic flows and optimal safety conditions.
- A low energy consumption, geothermal heat exchange system will be integrated in the foundations to meet the energy needs of the Mairie d’Aubervilliers station.
In this booming sector northeast of Paris, the M12 extension will meet its goal of bringing the centre of Aubervilliers to within 6 minutes of Paris.
In Aubervilliers, the M12 will serve an area with more than 330,000 residents and an employment basin with nearly 150,000 workers.
- 2012-2014: preliminary work; rerouting of utilities networks
- 2014-2016: preparatory work prior to the construction of 2 new stations
- 2016-2018: station excavation and construction of internal structures. Tunnel amenities.
- 2018-2019: finishing and furnishing of the 2 new stations
- 2019: trial runs without passengers
- End of 2019: start-up of service at the Aimé Césaire and Mairie d’Aubervilliers stations
- 2020: Adaptation of the additional access point at Porte de la Chapelle to improve accessibility for persons with reduced mobility
04. Project players
STIF brings together all of the partners of the M12 extension project. It oversees compliance with the project’s budget and calendar.
05. Project costs and financing
The cost of phase 2 of the M12 extension is estimated at 175.15m € (January 2006 value).