On this occasion, Catherine Guillouard stated the following: "The increase in RATP Group's half-year results demonstrates the Group's ability to achieve growth at a sustained rate, in line with the objectives set in its Challenges 2025 plan, while improving its profitability and effectively controlling its debt.
In the Île-de-France region, with the support of Île-de-France Mobilités, we are pursuing our massive investment programme to improve both the transport offer and service quality. We have stepped up the pace of investment in this first half-year, with an increase of 16% over the first half-year of 2018, i.e. €666 million to the benefit of passengers in order to extend the metro and tram lines, ensure existing equipment and infrastructure maintenance, renew and renovate the rolling stock, and upgrade the stations and passenger information.
We are continuing with our network upgrade and extension policy, unparalleled in Europe, which includes the simultaneous extension of four metro lines (L4, 11, 12 and 14 north and south), the automation of line 4, and the energy transition of all of our bus depots.
The Group is also pushing ahead with its development dynamics in France and abroad, winning major calls for tenders and renewing RATP Dev's operating contracts."
- Pick-up in activity growth, fuelled both by the dynamics of RATP EPIC and the subsidiaries' increased activity in France and abroad
- Sharp increase in investments in the Île-de-France region, to the benefit of passengers in Île-de-France, and with support from Île-de-France Mobilités
- Controlled financial trajectory
- Maintained strong dynamics in passenger traffic in the Île-de-France region, up +2.5%
- Substantial increase in consolidated turnover (+6.4%, i.e. +€179 million), at €.966 billion
- Increased contribution from the subsidiaries, at 21.6% of the Group's turnover, versus 20.8% in June 2018
- Continued improvement in operational performance: recurring EBIT up 14.5% to €42 million, i.e. 8.2% of turnover (versus 7.6% in 2018)
- Acceleration in the pace of investments in the Île-de-France region: €66 million invested by the end of June, an increase of +16%
- Solid financial fundamentals, with net debt slightly down, at €.1 billion, and a gearing that continues to improve, at 1.05x versus 1.07x at the end of December 2018