The new 2015-2020 State-Region planning agreement (CPER) also recognises the interest of this extension, which is incorporated in its multimodal mobility plan.
The project schematics were approved in December 2017 by the Île-de-France Mobilités Board.
- Département 75
- Connections with the /
- Future connections with the and / and
The extension will strengthen the public transport grid through connections with the RER C, the western extension of RER E (EOLE), and 3 metro lines (3, 1 and 2).
The T3 western extension aims to provide efficient public transport services, accessible to all, along the northwest section of the Paris ring road.
The T3 western extension would serve extremely dense population areas and employment basins, which are currently served by the PCI and PC3 inner ring bus lines. This extension would serve the major, strategic sector of Porte Maillot, a prime metropolitan centre that adds to Paris’ international reputation for economic activity and business travel.
The project contributes to the extensive transformation of the Porte Maillot sector, which is currently being redeveloped by the Atelier Parisien d’Urbanisme (APUR) and the City of Paris (extension of the Palais des Congrès; reconfiguration of the loop road). With the extension to Porte Dauphine, the T3b will also serve the University of Paris-Dauphine.
- 7 October 2015: approval of the Main Features and Objectives Document (DOCP) by the Île-de-France Mobilités board of directors
- 18 January-21 February 2016: consultations
- December 2017: approval by the Île de France Mobilités Board of the schematic diagram, the public enquiry file and funding agreement (Draft Proposal/PRO: Project analysis/ACT: Assistance during procurement process for Public Works Contracts)
- December 2017: the City of Paris was designated as project owner of urban integration and RATP as project owner of the transport system
- 2018: draft proposal studies carried out
The commissioning horizon for the T3b extension to Porte Dauphine is scheduled for the end of 2023. The project definition will be refined during the successive study phases.
- The project’s functional diagram
- Public hearings
- Impact studies
- Pre-project draft designs
- PRO studies
- Bids to tender
- Training and trial runs without passengers
- Start-up of service.
The studies up until the schematic diagram stage were carried out by Île-de-France Mobilités for the transport system and the City of Paris for urban integration.
The City of Paris
Project costs and financing
At the schematic diagram stage, the investment cost of the project excluding rolling stock is estimated at €165 million excluding taxes (1/2016 economic conditions).