- You like to conduct projects from A to Z
- You want to work for one of the sector’s biggest players
- You like to innovate and to dream up solutions for the future
Engineering at the RATP
RATP puts its engineering expertise to work on behalf of major projects in France and for international subsidiaries: modernisation and extension of public transport infrastructure, equipment, transport systems, and spaces for RER, metro, tramway and bus networks.
RATP Engineering recruits in 4 broad categories:
- Transport systems engineering: you manage projects from contracting authority to prime contractor (equipment design and transport automation: metros, buses, tramways, train traction, etc.).
- Information technology and telecoms engineering: you build and operate our proprietary telecom networks.
- Construction and civil engineering: you conduct extension and modernisation projects for urban transport networks in France and abroad, as well as projects to develop urban eco-mobility in passenger areas.
- Maintenance engineering: you organise and manage maintenance activities and interventions for one or more departments with the aim of enhancing the reliability of production tools and transport methods in compliance with safety, health, and environmental standards, while respecting productivity and quality requirements.
By joining our company, you are choosing to build your professional career within a Group that ranks among the world leaders in public transport. More than a profession, we offer you the opportunity to rapidly assume responsibilities and/or to develop your management skills.
Spotlight on the transport systems engineering
Every day, RATP engineers are imagining the urban mobility of tomorrow. If you are passionate about transport systems engineering, we have a large number of projects that will interest you.
Careers in transport systems engineering call for the full range of skills needed for managing a project, from contracting authority (MOA) to prime contractor (MOE). They play a key role in the design of transport equipment: metros, buses, tramways, trains and their motorisation, etc. Our engineers intervene in all phases of transport projects:
As part of an innovative and dynamic team, your mission is to:
- Conduct upstream studies: prospective research, economic studies, network modelling...
- Conduct technical studies: design of equipment and facilities, safety documents...
- Ensure project realisation and monitoring
- Guarantee the certification and start-up of systems
- Ensure a technology watch to integrate the latest innovations
- Carry out R&D to optimise the performance of the network and its equipment.
The high performance realised by our transport systems and our global expertise in urban mobility are key strengths when competing with the giants in the urban transport sector.