A “SUMMER team” 100% dedicated to welcoming tourists in 30 metro and RER stations
There will be 200 team members in RATP stations throughout the summer, to welcome and guide tourists in the capital. Easy to spot with their green vests, they are specially trained and master at least one foreign language.
This SUMMER team’s job is to fulfil tourists’ requests by anticipating their needs: showing them which route to take, advising them on ticket choices, offering information leaflets, airport connections, etc.
New services on offer this summer!
This year, the Summer team will also be promoting 4 types of service:
- Discover Paris with more freedom thanks to 170 left-luggage lockers less than 5 minutes from a metro station, with Eelway and NannyBag luggage services
- Immortalise a visit to the capital with the souvenir photo terminals at Charles de Gaulle-Etoile (RER line A) and Marne-la-Vallée Chessy (RER line A) stations
- Discover Paris through contact with the locals, with suggestions of unique visits and pleasant places to relax
- Take advantage of Wechat Pay & Collect: Chinese tourists can use RATP’s Wechat account to buy tickets in yuan, for home delivery or to be picked up from one of the network’s 368 metro and RER stations.
This information will also be available in a “SUMMER News” newspaper, distributed in 30 stations.
A little something extra for our tourists: take home a Parisian caricature!
Tourists will also be able to have their caricature drawn at events being held at the following stations:
- : Charles de Gaulle Etoile on 9 and 16 July from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- : Chaussée d’Antin on 10 and 17 July from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- : MLV Chessy on 12 and 19 July from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- : Denfert Rochereau on 11 and 18 July from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
New this year!
The SUMMER team will be equipped with automatic translation devices in August to make it easier to talk to tourists. These test devices will allow them to communicate in more than 20 languages.
Making tourist travel easier through digital tools: a daily goal for RATP
These services and activities in summer 2019 complement the existing system to facilitate travel for tourists on the RATP network. In addition to audio announcements and signage translated into several languages, RATP offers various solutions to keep tourists informed. The ratp.fr website, entirely accessible in English, has a tourism section translated into 10 languages . RATP has also designed the Next stop Paris app specifically for tourists, including cultural information on 130 places of interest. This application is translated into 10 languages and is accessible offline.