Idéal pour : persons with disabilities, war veterans and retired seniors.
- Unlimited travel within the zones allocated by your département
01. How does it work ?
The Améthyste line of travel passes are reserved for persons with disabilities, war veterans and retired seniors, on condition that they meet certain means-tested and status eligibility requirements.
Améthyste passes are purchased by the social services of the City of Paris and the départements, each of which decides on its own beneficiary categories and any financial contributions that might be asked of participants.
Your Améthyste travel pass can begin at any time and is valid for 1 year. It allows you unlimited use of public transport networks within the zones allocated by your département. Depending on the zones, you are allowed to use all of the public transport networks in the Île-de-France region: metro, RER, bus, tram, and train, with the exception of Orlyval.
To travel outside of the specified zones, you may purchase "top-up tickets" and only pay for the extra distance travelled.
02. How do I apply for an Améthyste travel pass?
To obtain an Améthyste travel pass, you must first be issued a Navigo travel card with your photo and with the same first and last names shown on your ID card. To apply for a Navigo card, go to one of our points of sales (Comptoir Club) or sales agencies, or apply online at Navigo.fr.
General User's Conditions
Eligibility requirements for new Améthyste travel passes are defined and communicated by your département, which is also responsible for handling all applications. Your département will inform you of their decision and the provisional date after which you can load your travel pass onto your Navigo card.
Note: any transport tickets used while while waiting for the delivery of your Améthyste travel pass cannot be refunded.
Once you have been attributed a new Améthyste travel pass by your département, you must load it onto your Navigo card: no other card or support is accepted.
Améthyste travel passes can be loaded at RATP and SNCF ticket desks and automatic vending machines, or online directly from the website Navigo.fr.
03. How long is the Améthyste travel pass valid?
Améthyste travel passes are valid 1 year, from 12 a.m. on the first day to 11:59 p.m. on the last day.
04. Which zones am I allowed to travel in?
Each département decides which fare zones are covered by the new Améthyste travel passes they issue. Améthyste travel passes allow you to travel on the same networks as Navigo travel passes covering the same zones.
- Travel passes issued by the City of Paris: Améthyste 1-2 or 1-5
- Travel passes issued by Seine-et-Marne: Améthyste 1-5 and 4-5
- Travel passes issued by Les Yvelines: Améthyste 3-5 and 1-5
- Travel passes issued by Essonne: Améthyste 1-5 and 3-5
- Travel passes issued by Hauts-de-Seine: Améthyste 1-5
- Travel passes issued by Seine-Saint-Denis: Améthyste 2-5 and 1-5
- Travel passes issued by Val-de-Marne: Améthyste 1-5
- Travel passes issued by Val d’Oise: Améthyste 1-5, 3-5 and 4-5
05. Frequently asked questions
What do I do if my Navigo travel card no longer works?
If your Navigo travel card stops working, contact an RATP agent, anywhere on the network....
What should I do if my travel card is lost or stolen?
If you lose your Navigo travel card, contact an RATP agent, anywhere on the network....