Saint-Georges station on metro line 12 was commissioned by the Compagnie du Nord-Sud in 1911 and has an entrance that blends in perfectly with the neighborhood’s architecture. Its two semi-circular entrances, framed in wrought iron, are in symmetry with the grand town houses of Place Saint-Georges. The “Métropolitain” sign, in white letters on a red background, overhangs the surrounding fence, which blend in with those of the buildings.
The entrance to Sèvres-Babylone station, which serves department store Le Bon Marché, dates from 1923. Comprised of a half rotunda, it has two side stairways and an escalator. A metal canopy shelters the central part and the concrete structure is decorated with blue and green enamel in the Art Deco style.
Place Monge station directly serves the Arènes de Lutèce, and the entrance reproduces its archways to blend in with the architecture of the oldest monument in Paris. The cut stone facade is reminiscent of a Roman amphitheater, while the decorative wrought-iron friezes and the “Métro” sign in red letters feature motifs from the 1930s.
In 1935, Place des Fêtes station was upgraded with the arrival of metro line 11, built deep underground. The two entrances were equipped with a double escalator opening into a concrete structure resting on a wall that separates arriving and departing passengers. Once again, the triangular-shaped canopy and the “Métro” sign evoke the Art Deco style.