For nearly 20 years, European Heritage Days have presented a unique opportunity for RATP to let the general public discover its wealth of activities. On 17 and 18 September, you will be able to take a look behind the scenes to better understand the daily operation of a transport network and its development.
The programme this year will be comprised of a dozen activities in Paris and the Île-de-France region, with timeless classics as well as new creations! They will include
Activities at or leaving from Maison de la RATP:
- guided tours revealing the treasures and secrets of the metro;
- Paris sightseeing tours on board buses from the 1930s;
- workshops for families at Maison de la RATP;
- a photo booth on board a vintage bus;
- an RATP La Ligne pop-up store;
- an exhibition - Heritage and sustainable development “Lets get some fresh air for better city living”;
- come and discover or rediscover the device that used to help people find the best itinerary to ride the metro thanks to LEDs, in use from 1937 to the beginning of the 2000s: the luminous itinerary indicator map (plan indicateur lumineux d'itinéraires or PILI).
A look behind the scenes on the network:
- a guided tour of the future Maison Blanche station on metro line 14;
- a guided tour of the Chanzy maintenance and signalling site;
- a guided tour of the “metro washing machine” on metro line 2;
- a guided tour of RATP’s archives;
- a guided tour at the Seine - Rive Gauche RATP bus depot;
- a guided tour at the Vaugirard workshops worksite, a new sustainable neighbourhood currently being built in the heart of Paris;
- a guided tour on metro line 12, from 1910 to 2022, from Abbesses station to Aimé Césaire station;
- an exclusive tour of the historic rolling stock collection in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, including metro trains, trams, RERs and buses dating back to the 1900s.
Registrations to open soon
New in 2022: a magical experience!
Discover RATP’s historic rolling stock collection with an exceptional guide: magician-comedian Éric Antoine!
Throughout the weekend, the magician and his two assistants will welcome you and give you a unique tour of the Villeneuve-Triage collection.
The programme includes: A 90-minute tour led by Éric Antoine, marked by magic events and humorous skits based on the site’s iconic rolling stock.
Other activities will include magic trick workshops for children and adults, a contest, and a photo booth on board a vintage bus.
Registrations to open soon
Discover our enchanting heritage on social media too!
Throughout the weekend, the #MagiciensduPatrimoine hashtag will provide you with:
- a set of short videos on RATP’s extraordinary progress, narrated by Marie from the Youtube channel La boîte à curiosité;
- the programme for the weekend, on our Twitter account @RATPGroup so you won’t miss anything;
- our #RATPStories given pride of place on all our metro RER and tram line Twitter accounts;
- magicians filmed showcasing magic tricks on the metro, available on TikTok;
- story-podcasts available on SoundCloud for children as well as adults;
- new Gifs were created for the occasion to spice up your posts!