For more than 20 years, European Heritage Days have presented a unique opportunity for RATP to let the general public discover its wealth of activities. On 16 and 17 September, you will be able to take a look behind the scenes to better understand the daily operation of a transport network and its development.
The programme this year will be comprised of a dozen activities in Paris and the Île-de-France region, with timeless classics as well as new creations! They will include
Activities at or leaving from Maison de la RATP:
- Paris sightseeing tours on board buses from the 1930s;
- workshops for families at Maison de la RATP;
- a photo booth on board a vintage bus;
- An exclusive preview demonstration of a driving simulation video game featuring the MS-61 (a suburban metro train from 1961, the first generation of equipment ordered by RATP for the RER network);
- Experimentation with a virtual reality tool used for training train operators in public speaking;
- A tramway driving simulator to experience driving on the streets of Washington, Florence, and Paris.
A look behind the scenes on the network:
- guided tours revealing the treasures and secrets of the metro;
- Guided tour of the future L'Haÿ-les-Roses station on Line 14;
- Guided tour of the Rosny-Bois-Perrier station, the future terminus of Line 11;
- Guided tour of the new maintenance and storage site (SMR) for Line 11;
- Tour of the metro Line 2's washing machine;
- Guided tour of the Montrouge bus center's maintenance and storage site;
- Guided tour of the Fontenay-aux-Roses bus center's maintenance and storage site;
- Tour of the Line 7 train maintenance workshops in the 13th arrondissement of Paris;
- Tour of the centralized command and control center (PCC) of Line 9;
- Tour of the archives in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, where numerous precious documents related to the history of public transport in the Île-de-France region will be open to the public. This includes subway maps and tickets from various periods, posters, photos, and more;
- Exclusive tour of the historical rolling stock collection in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, including metro trains, trams, RERs and buses dating back to the 1900s. The theme is "Heritage is Giant," and visitors can immerse themselves in the history of transportation by following extraordinary characters, giant puppets, who move around this historic location.
Registrations to open soon
Live from the RATP House:
Rayan and Alix, an influencer couple on TikTok @rayalix, will be training on all the simulators at the RATP House to determine who would make the best RER, bus, or tramway driver. An exciting battle awaits!
Live from the Choisy Workshop:
A pair of public transportation enthusiasts will explain the evolution of the rolling stock displayed at the Choisy workshop. They will host live sessions on RATP's Instagram account with quizzes, anecdotes, and interesting facts.