Since 2012, RATP’s procurement department has adopted a responsible procurement policy to meet the major challenges of tomorrow and to contribute to the company’s overall performance. Procurement provides tremendous leverage for engaging in a sustainable model that respects the environment and our social commitments.
In addition to complying with regulations and managing environmental and social risks, responsible procurement procedures offer a true opportunity to generate savings, create value, innovate, develop competitive advantages, and contribute to the performance targets for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
RATP’s responsible procurement policy is based on the following axes:
- Integrate CSR in procurement practices
- Reduce the environmental impact of purchases
- Develop a socially responsible purchasing programme and contribute to the employment of the most fragile populations
- Build and maintain balanced relations with suppliers, especially SMEs
- Encourage suppliers and sub-contractors to participate in our CSR policy